- Outside the Office
- Bar Admissions
- Professional Associations
Peter Diiorio began his career as an attorney in 2005 by handling hundreds of first-party insurance claims following Hurricane Katrina. One month before Katrina, Mr. Diiorio sat for the 2005 Louisiana bar exam in the Superdome of New Orleans, and he began handling property insurance claims as an attorney two months later.
Today, Mr. Diiorio continues to focus his law practice on representing homeowners and small businesses in first-party insurance claims, with an emphasis on bad faith claims against insurers.
If someone has been wronged by an insurance company, or has an insurance problem they can’t handle, Mr. Diiorio works tirelessly to solve that problem. Mr. Diiorio knows what is most important to his clients – “how much” and “when” – and pursues recoveries with that foremost in his mind. Mr. Diiorio’s career has focused on helping individuals and families whose homes have been damaged by hurricanes, floods, tornados, and fires.
To date, Mr. Diiorio has represented over 500 policyholders and recovered over $25 million for these insured and their families. Mr. Diiorio has never represented a corporation or insurance company.
Outside the Office
Outside of the office, Mr. Diiorio is a family man, a devoted husband and father to two wonderful young children. Mr. Diiorio is also a proud son, brother, uncle, and godfather. He enjoys playing the piano and exercising when time permits.
- Louisiana (2005)
- Texas (2023)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana (2006)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana (2022)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana (2023)
- Loyola University School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana: J.D. (2005)
- Hamilton College, Clinton, New York: B.A., Classical Languages (2000)
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Louisiana Association for Justice